Over the years, it has been a subject of debate whether computers have done more good than harm or the other way round. Computers are everywhere these days and very available to virtually everyone.
In the hand of its user, a computer can be used to do a lot of things. ReviewsBird.com is a site where you can join the debate about the overall usefulness of computers and also read the opinions and reviews of other internet users on the best computer brands, products, and sellers.
Owing to its amazing speed and accuracy and its ability to store data that can be easily sorted, computers have made life easy for humans in more ways than one. However, as much as the computer emancipates us from stress, the computer also has its offshoots.
Below, we would be discussing the main pros and cons of owning a computer.
Pros of Owning a Computer
Owning a computer comes with a lot of advantages and some of these advantages include:
- Large Storage Capacity: The computer offers its user a very large storage space to store data and they can easily access this data whenever they need these data.
- Speed: A computer can process data and convert it into information and relay this information to its user all in a very short while. This exceptional function of a computer helps to make processes faster for computer users.
- Multitasking: A computer can perform more than one activity at the same time with such ease that it is hard to notice that multiple tasks are being run.
- Accuracy: The computer provides very accurate results in activities like calculations. The productivity of a computer is so much better when compared with that of humans.
- Entertainment: Apart from the other tasks that a computer can do, the computer also aids relaxation for its user. Users can listen to audios, watch videos and play games in their leisure time.
Cons of Owning a Computer
It is quite unfortunate that as much as the computer helps us in many ways, it also affects us in many other ways, some of which include:
- Addiction: Computer users, most especially social media users, easily get addicted to using the computer and this can create a distance between them and their real-world and even make them less happy because of the oppression on social media.
- Health Risk: Staring at computer screens for a very long time has been confirmed to cause damage to the eyes. Also, if the sitting posture of a computer user is wrong while using a computer, it can result in severe back pains.
- Security Risk: Computers are faced with threats from viruses and online hackers. These threats can destroy files and pilfer data from the computer
- Cost: The astounding abilities of a computer come at a high cost and those who are unable to afford a computer because of the cost become at a disadvantage.
- Reduction in Employment Opportunities: New upgrades in computers do the jobs that people were employed to do thereby rendering the services of these personnel useless and putting them out of a job.
Conclusively, the pros and cons of owning a computer go a long way to prove that we are not perfect and our imperfections are reflected in our inventions. So, as you enjoy the countable advantages of a computer, do well to live with its disadvantages.